TOPAZ◊ Microdebrider COBLATION◊ Wands are ideally suited for minimally invasive treatment of tendons in the shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle and foot.
Providing fast, efficient treatments with minimal disruption to surrounding tissue, the TOPAZ Microdebrider Family offers a variety of Wand designs to provide optimal access to target areas.
The TOPAZ Microdebrider Wand with Integrated Finger Switches (IFS) enables the micro debridement of soft tissue with the touch of a button. IFS COBLATION devices incorporate the functionality of the foot control in the Wand handle to permit maximum flexibility.
How TOPAZ COBLATION Wands Work
Through a small incision, approximately one inch long, the TOPAZ Microdebrider Wand is applied on and around the target tissue for half-second durations, a quarter inch apart to form a grid-like pattern. Small amounts of tissue are removed as an application of radiofrequency energy is guided into the tissue.
- TOPAZ Wands allow for the application of radiofrequency energy and precise removal of tissue with minimal damage to untargeted tissue.
- TOPAZ Wands provide patients with a minimally invasive alternative to surgical debridement.
- TOPAZ Wands allow use of a minimally invasive technique, requiring only a small incision.
- Ideal for soft tissue treatment
- Narrow tip diameter allows for creating small, shallow impressions
- Slim-line design for easy access to target tissue
TOPAZ Microdebrider with IFS
- Eliminates the need for the foot control
- Button design supplies consistent, tactile feedback to control depth of penetration
- Designed to work with the QUANTUM◊ System ONLY
TOPAZ EPF Microdebrider 45
- The TOPAZ EPF Microdebrider features a 45° tip angle to facilitate an endoscopic surgical approach to fascia in the foot.
The TOPAZ XL Microdebrider
- The TOPAZ XL Microdebrider Wand enables the debridement of soft tissue present within the rotator cuff tendon.
- Features a slim-line design that offers easy access to tissue and a narrow shaft diameter for creating small shallow impressions
- The TOPAZ XL Microdebrider IFS Wand offers integrated finger switches for added convenience.
1. Harwood F, Amiel M, Tasto JP, et al. Structural and angiogenic response to bipolar radiofrequency treatment of normal rabbit Achilles tendon: a potential application for the treatment of tendinosis. Trans Orthop Res Soc., 2003;28:819.
2. Medlock VB, Amiel D, Harwood F,et al. Angiogenic response to bipolar radiofrequency treatment of normal rabbit achilles tendon. Presented at the ISAKOS Congress, Auckland, New Zealand, March 10-14, 2003.
3. Tasto J, Cummings J, Medlock V, et al. The tendon treatment center: new horizons in the treatment of tendinosis. Arthroscopy. 2003 Dec;19 (Supplement 1):213-23.