ALLEVYN is a hydrocellular wound dressing designed specifically for the management of exuding wounds.1 ALLEVYN dressings are comprised of three layers; a breathable bacteria proof and waterproof polyurethane top film, a hydrocellular absorbent foam core and a non-adherent wound contact layer.
The 3 layers of ALLEVYN work together to provide moisture balance for support of the natural wound healing process.
Polyurethane Top Film
- Bacteria Proof
- Water Proof
Unique Hydrocellular Foam Core
- Absorbent Polyurethane Technology
- Inherently Hydrophillic Polymers to allow easier and faster fluid transfer between foam cells.
Wound Contact layer
- Perforated film
- Non-adherent to wound surface
||Faster fluid uptake
||Up to 3 times more fluid handling capacity
||ALLEVYN delivers the excellent moist wound environment for the promotion of rapid wound closure
What is Moisture Balance?
Maintenance of the moisture equilibrium within a wound environment, in order to facilitate wound closure. The performance of ALLEVYN in providing moisture balance is dependant on two mechanisms:
- An Effective Barrier Function2
An effective barrier function prevents leakage, drying out and contamination of the wound environment by external factors.
- Efficient Fluid Management
Allevyn manages fluid efficiently through controlled absorption and evaporation. Without these functions Moisture Balance cannot be maintained
- No barrier function = potential leakage, drying-out, contamination, infection
- Poor fluid management = potential cause of maceration, skin breakdown
ALLEVYN Adhesive Dressings Provide an Effective Barrier Function
The 3-layer design of ALLEVYN creates a sealed system, providing an effective barrier function to enable moist wound healing. There are 3 requirements to an effective barrier function:
- Barrier to exogenous bacteria
- Prevention of contamination
- Prevention of leakage
- ALLEVYN provides an effective barrier function2 by creating a sealed system.
- Bacterial and waterproof top film.
- Effective fixation at dressing/skin interface.
The enhanced construction and performance of ALLEVYN provides an excellent moist wound environment for the promotion of rapid wound closure.
ALLEVYN provides excellent fluid management
ALLEVYN is a hydrocellular wound dressing designed specifically for the management of exuding wounds. ALLEVYN's effectiveness is directly related to its construction. ALLEVYN◊ dressings are comprised of an advanced triple-layered construction, which facilitates wound closure through optimal fluid management.
The dynamic polyurethane top film switches in the presence of exudate to become more breathable when you need it most The modified hydrocellular foam layer provides fast fluid uptake Press F5 or "refresh" to view animation again.
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive protects against leakage
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive has an innovative and unique design. The improvements in fluid handling combined with new sealed and shaped edges provides protection against leakage of exudate. The problems associated with leakage of exudates are:
- Reduced wear time of the dressing
- Increased risk of infection
- Increased time to healing
- Reduced quality of life of the patient
- Reduced cost-effectiveness
How ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive protects against leakage
|Sealed and shaped edges
||Provides protection against leakage
|Superior fluid handling
- This applies to Tri-laminate ALLEVYN dressings only.
- For non-adhesive dressings, secondary fixation is required for effective fixation at dressings/skin interface.