VISIONAIRE◊ Patient Matched Instrumentation uses the patient's own MRI and full leg X-Ray to design cutting blocks specific to that patient.
The manufacture of VISIONAIRE cutting blocks was featured on the hit TV show "How It's Made."
Visit the "How It's Made" website
- Eliminate up to 22 sizing and alignment steps from your surgical procedure
- Patient-matched cutting blocks utilize the mechanical axis for alignment
- Multiple implant options
- Made from medical grade Nylon-12
- Delivered sterile packed for surgery
- Available for use with OXINIUM◊, or CoCr, porous coating implants
- Efficiency, Precision, and Success
VISIONAIRE cutting blocks can be used with:
- JOURNEY◊ BCS
- LEGION◊ PRIMARY (CR and PS)
- GENESIS◊ II (CR and PS)
Is there anything more valuable? Shorten procedures by eliminating sizing and alignment surgical steps with patient matched instrumentation. Improve productivity with reduced instrumentation, requiring less set-up and turnover time.
Want the confidence of walking into the OR knowing the size of the implant that will be used? With VISIONAIRE patient matched cutting blocks, precise sizing is determined pre-operatively using both MRI and X-Ray analysis.
This technology achieves accurate rotational and A-P position. All of the commonly-referred anatomical landmarks (AP axis, epicondylar axis) are analyzed pre-operatively, allowing for the proper positioning of the implant for each individual.
Proven alignment methodology
Unlike other cutting blocks that use alternate methods of alignment, VISIONAIRE blocks are aligned to the mechanical axis of the knee, the gold standard. Without this orientation to the mechanical axis, components may not achieve optimal performance.
Research shows that malalignment can lead to early failures
- A tibial component with more than 3.0° of varus had increased odds of failure.
- Components placed in varus alignment have a higher rate of loosening and revision when compared with components placed in neutral alignment.
- With VISIONAIRE Patient Matched Instrumentation, surgeons can be reassured that they are implanting components in accordance with the proven standards of total knee arthroplasty.
Success is built in
VISIONAIRE Patient Matched cutting blocks are made from medical grade nylon and are delivered with the size, patient name, left or right knee and implant system clearly labeled. Sterile packed with the option to be flashed, the cutting block matches standard instrumentation for intraoperative changes
Some companies with this technology only allow for the use of cruciate-retaining implants or limit options to a single system. VISIONAIRE Patient Matched Instrumentation is available for Smith & Nephew JOURNEY BCS Bi-Cruciate Stabilized Knee System, GENESIS II Total Knee System and LEGION PRIMARY Total Knee System in cruciate retaining and posterior stabilized options.*
*CR implants not available for JOURNEY BCS
VISIONAIRE Patient Matched Instrumentation is intended to enhance the surgeon OR experience, not to limit the surgeon's decision-making or flexibility. Changes can be made to the preop plan prior to surgery. Intraoperative flexibility is designed into each cutting block, so standard instrumentation can be utilized in the event that bone resection modifications are needed, such as additional distal resection to accommodate for a flexion contracture.
- Monto RR, Garcia J, Callaghan JJ. Fatal fat embolism following total condylar knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 1990. (5):291-299.
- Berend ME, Ritter MA, Meding JB, Faris PM, Keating EM, Redelman R, Faris GW, Davis KE. Tibial Component Failure Mechanisms in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2004. (428):26-34.
- Novak EJ, Silverstein MD, Bozic KJ. The Cost Effectiveness of Computer-Assisted Navigation in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007. (89):2389-97.