What is VERILAST Technology for Hips?
VERILAST Technology is a combination of our proprietary OXINIUM ◊ heads and a highly cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) liner.
What are the features of VERILAST?
As an orthopaedic surgeon, you have a variety of options when choosing a hip implant best suited to your patients. However, you also deal with an unfortunate list of tradeoffs with most bearing couples. Then there's VERILAST Technology for Hips. The coupling of OXINIUM material on XLPE is the only technology that eliminates the concerns faced with other bearing combinations.
• No risk of ceramic type fracture, chipping or squeaking
• Biocompatible solution for metal sensitive patients
• Less polyethylene wear debris compared to standard cobalt chrome heads
Combine Smith & Nephew XLPE with the R3 ◊ acetabular shell designed specifically to protect for XLPE with:
• Flush seating liners to reduce impingement chances and increase ROM.
• Axial locking mechanism located lower in the shell where the poly is thicker and stresses can be distributed better.
• Ultracongruent shell to fully support the poly for better stress distribution.
• Large antirotation tabs for rotational stability.
Click here for more information on R3 Acetabular System
For more information about OXINIUM and how it is made, click here.