Your world is getting tougher.
Your surgical world is increasingly challenging.
Protect your patients and your reputation with PICO.
Surgical caseloads are progressively more complex and high risk patients are increasingly common:
- Higher number of obese patients
- Higher number of older patients
- More patients with multiple co-morbidities
It’s more critical than ever to protect against post-operative complications. We can help you do this.
PICO is an incision management system that promotes optimal healing, giving you more control over what happens when your patient leaves theatre.
What risks do you face?
- An increasing number of patients have co-morbidities and so are often considered to be high-risk for surgery and recovery
- Complex surgical procedures and compromised patients increase the risk of incision-related complications1
- Surgical site complications are associated with considerable morbidity and contribute to additional healthcare resources – at substantial cost to your hospital, as well as your patients’ wellbeing2
Improving outcomes with incisional NPWT
The mechanism of action of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) improves the speed, strength and quality of incisional wound healing, thus minimising the failures of healing that lead to infection and/or dehiscence.
Considerable evidence shows NPWT delivers clinical benefits as part of effective incision management.3
This video shows PICO's mode of action
To see how PICO can help your clinical speciality, click on the relevant link:
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
1. Gomoll AH, Lin A, Harris MB. Incisional vacuum-assisted closure therapy. J Orthop Trauma 2006; 20(10):705–9.
2. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Guideline 74. Surgical site infection: prevention and treatment of surgical site infection. London: NICE; 2008.
3. Karlakki S et al, Negative pressure wound therapy for management of the surgical incision in orthopaedic surgery, Bone Joint Res 2013; 2:276-84.