Our company will succeed through its people. Our published values are
PERFORMANCE - INNOVATION - TRUST
and we set challenging standards for the way we manage these at every level, and in every part of the Smith & Nephew world.
Management at Business Unit, Country and Department levels have the responsibility for defining and implementing policies, programmes and training to achieve these standards. In so doing, however, all managers in Smith & Nephew subscribe to a common company-wide belief that our employees are entitled to expect:
- Clearly communicated goals and performance standards
- An open, constructive relationship with managers and supervisors
- The training, information and level of authority needed to do a good job
- Fair recognition and reward based on performance
- Equality of opportunity based on merit
- Encouragement to learn and progress
- Respect and dignity at all times
- Encouragement to participate fully in the quest for continuous improvement.
In this way we will create a team spirit and culture of success that will underpin our future.