SECURA Extra Protective Cream Z30 contains 30% zinc oxide and emollients. When applied to the skin, it provides a durable1, protective2 layer that helps to protect the skin against maceration from prolonged exposure to faeces and urine which may cause skin to break down3,4. The cream also helps to moisturise2 the skin and is particularly suitable for use in cases of extreme incontinence such as diarrhoea.
Features and Benefits
- Helps to seal out wetness as well as moisturising the skin2
- Contains 30% Zinc Oxide
- Provides a high level of protection for patients with severe diarrhoea.
- Will not wash away after repeated exposure to urine and faeces5
- Contains karaya to absorb moisture6
- Contains Vitamin E7
- Paediatric tested8 Remains in contact with wet skin9
SECURA Extra Protective Cream Z30 is a moisturising skin protectant providing a barrier to bodily fluids, helping to maintain skin integrity. It may be used on adults, children and full term infants with normal skin.
Contraindications / Precautions
For external use on intact skin only. Avoid contact with eyes. If this occurs, flush eyes thoroughly with water. Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, seek medical assistance immediately. Do not use on patients with a known allergy to any of the ingredients. If the condition of the skin worsens with use or does not improve within 7 days, seek medical advice.
- Ref 1. Scheps, M. H., Skin Care and the Prevention of Pressure Ulcers. Home Health Care Consultant, Vol. 3, No. 1, JanFeb.1996, pp: 3739 2/2 Care Consultant, Vol. 3, No. 1, JanFeb.1996, pp: 3739.
- CTFA Cosmetic Ingredient Handbook, Second Edition, Zinc Oxide, pp. 473, 580.
- 21 CFR Part 347 Skin Protectant OTC Drug Products (Final Monograph)
- Fiers, S.A., Breaking the Cycle: The Etiology of Incontinence Dermatitis and Evaluating and Using Skin Care Products, OWM, Vol. 43, No. 3, April 1996, pp: 3242
- HTR Study No. 95255472: Report for Infant Cream Safety Study, August 29, 1995
- Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Code 46206
- SECURA Extra Protective Cream Z30 formulation (F70)
- HTR Study No. 06127971111: An Evaluation of Healthcare Products on Children 0 to36 Months of Age with Normal Skin. May 31, 2007
- CTFA Cosmetic Ingredient Handbook, Eleventh Edition, Karaya, pp. 2331
|Catalogue #||Description ||Size
||SECURA Extra Protective Cream