Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role serves to support and develop the commercial and strategic arm of the Supply Chain Division. This position will also include responsibility for the Kwa-Zulu Natal Supply Chain function.
- Define, develop and maintain the Supply chain reporting infrastructure. This will include periodic reports as well as those required on an adhoc basis. The incumbent will be required to collate and analyse information from a wide range of data banks, identify trends and key drivers and provide timely and accurate reports to assist commercial decision making.
- Define, develop, and maintain Supply chain KPI’s and Performance metrics and utilize measurements to drive performance improvement and corrective action.
- Drive process optimization and standardisation across the supply chain in line with principles of Lean and Six Sigma and other principles of best practice such as ISO standards. This will also cross over into the arena of quality and regulatory affairs.
- Involvement and leadership in Supply chain related projects and provide support in driving technology improvements/ additions
- Provide on-going assessment of risk and returns relating to new and existing business/ opportunities.
- Lead and manage the KZN Supply chain operation/ team - specifically the Durban depot.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education: Bachelor of Commerce
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with a commercial and operational focus
- Extensive analytical experience and advanced skills in collating, processing, manipulating and presenting data.
- Experience of administering Business Information advantageous.
- Commercial Finance Experience would be advantageous
- Supply chain experience
- Experience of database management and data mining techniques.
- Demonstrated experience of supporting and communicating with cross functional team and 3rd party providers.
Smith & Nephew is a global medical technology business dedicated to helping improve people's lives.
We have leadership positions in Orthopaedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma
- Orthopaedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
- Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
- Trauma - products that help repair broken bones
We have almost 10,500 employees and a presence in more than 90 countries.
Annual sales in 2012 were more than $4.1 billion.
We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100 and our shares are traded on London Stock Exchange and through American Depository Receipts on the New York Stock Exchange (LSE: SN, NYSE: SNN)
Smith & Nephew is committed to diversity and inclusion through ensuring a process of progressive transformation, aimed at the involvement of previously disadvantaged people in all aspects of our business. Smith & Nephew is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants who have permission to work and live in South Africa may apply