Over 500,000 stems implanted since 1997
Because SYNERGY is a complete system, with state-of-the-art options, that utilizes simple, efficient instrumentation.
Features and Benefits
The SYNERGY Hip System provides you a complete range of options to match your patients' needs.
The implants include solutions for:
- Fracture management cases-CONQUEST FX◊
Each of these options uses the same surgical technique and the same two trays of surgical instruments.
The SYNERGY Hip System gets initial stability through three-point fixation:
- Posterior proximal
- Anterior midway
- Posterior distal
Synergy can be used with or without cement. This versatile system allows you to use one set of instrumentation.
Note: CONQUEST FX is a low demand, fracture management option that is implanted with the SYNERGY instruments. This option can be press-fit or cemented.
Download the Product Brochure
1. Meltzer W, Goldstein W, Skinner H, Tozakoglou E. Time motion study of total hip replacement: a tool to improve surgical team performance. A scientific exhibit at: Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; February 4–7, 1999; Anaheim, CA.
2. Data on file at Smith & Nephew, TM328802.
3. Thornberry R, Lavernia C, Barrack R, Tozakoglou E. The effects of neck geometry and acetabular design on the motion to impingement in total hip replacement. A scientific exhibit at: Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; March 19–22, 1998; New Orleans, LA.
4. Danesh-Clough T, Bourne RB, Rorabeck CH, McCalden R. The mid-term results of a dual offset uncemented stem for total hip arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2007 Feb;22(2):195–203.
5. Bourne RB, Rorabeck CH. Soft tissue balancing: the hip. J Arthroplasty. 2002 Jun;17(4 Suppl 1):17–22.