The MEDIENT◊ Middle Turbinate Implant (MTI) offers a new way to address middle turbinate lateralization.
The MTI is a resorbable implant that anchors the middle turbinate to the septum during the healing process.
- Dedicated grasper is designed to fit the implant tray’s alignment guides to facilitate insertion
- Implant can be removed prior to full degradation if necessary1
- Made of 82/18 PLGA resorbable polymer
- Secures the middle turbinate for over 8 weeks1
- Designed to work in conjunction with packing material when necessary
Clinical Study Results 1
A prospective, randomized, multi-center study to compare the safety and effectiveness of the MEDIENT to MeroPack after FESS was performed in 60 patients. At 8 weeks, 75% of middle turbinates on MEDIENT side were in normal position or medialized, and 60% on the MeroPack side were in normal position or medialized.
1. Data on file at Smith & Nephew