The JET-X◊ MINI Bar External Fixator System offers a simple solution for treatment of distal radial fractures. Designed for ease of application, the JET-X MINI Double Pin Clamp facilitates fracture reduction while providing stability in a low-profile and lightweight design. The ball joint feature provides the ability to easily position the wrist in multipleplanes to aid in fracture reduction.
JET-X Mini Bar System Design Features
- Lightweight, radiolucent carbon fiber bars.
- Ball joint angulates 25° allowing an extra degree of freedom to reduce fractures in multiple planes.
- Cartridge clamp design allows snap-fit assembly and prevents passive release of bar during reduction.
- Clamps have independent locking mechanisms, allowing reduction after the frame is attached to the pins.
JET-X Mini Double Pin Clamp Design Features
- Bar side of the clamp connects to the 6mm composite straight bars.
- Pin side of the clamp accepts pins with a 4mm shank. Multiple pin placement options are available to better fit patient anatomy and ensure frame stability.
The Smith & Nephew JET-X MINI Bar External Fixator System is indicated for the management of fractures of the distal radius as a primary treatment device. This indication includes fixation supplementary to ORIF.
1. Data on file at Smith & Nephew, OR-08-133A.
2. Soileau, R., Treadway, J. “OR-08-133 – Evaluation of the Release Force Required to Lever External Fixation Bars or Pins out of Locked or UnlockedHolding Clamps,” Smith & Nephew Orthopaedic Research Report, August 2008.
3. Watson JT, Moed BR, Karges DE, Cramer KE. Pilon Fractures. Treatment Protocol Based on Severity of Soft Tissue Injury. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000Jun; (375):78-90.
4. Fischer MD, Gustilo RB, Varecka TF. The Timing of Flap Coverage, Bone-grafting, and Intramedullary Nailing in Patients who have a fracture of theTibial Shaft with Extensive Soft-tissue Injury. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1991 Oct; 73(9):1316-22.
Caution: US Federal law restricts these devices to the sale to or on the order of a physician.