Designed to eliminate complications1 associated with rigid screw systems and to sustain expected physiological loads during healing2
Ankle Syndesmosis Solutions from Smith & Nephew support ankle syndesmotic ligament repair in fibular fracture and non-fracture cases utilizing a suture tape/button construct.
Innovative Design: Comprised of two stainless steel buttons, one medial and one lateral, connected with ULTRATAPE™ Suture.
- Lateral button
- Easily reduced using a one way sliding knot
- Non-fracture kit features a lateral button with a wide surface area to eliminate the need for a buttress plate
- Fracture kit features a lateral button designed to sit flush in the 3.5mm hole of a Smith & Nephew fracture plate
Flexible: Construct designed to enable micro motion between the tibia and fibula, and designed to eliminate complications commonly found with rigid syndesmotics screws.1
Low profile: No knot stack, lateral knot assembles inside the lateral button.
Reliable: Designed to sustain expected physiological loads during the healing period.2
1. Seyhan M, Donmez F, et al, Comparison of screw fixation with elastic fixation methods in the treatment of syndesmosis injuries in ankle fractures, Injury, Int. J. Care Injured 46S (2015) S19–S23
2. Data on File at Smith & Nephew. ITR# 15003214