Since the 1950s when Dr. Gavriil A. Ilizarov first developed the ILIZAROV External Fixator, it has been used in more than 1 million cases worldwide. Available in the West since 1981, the ILIZAROV External Fixator has proven itself as an unequaled fracture reduction device. The original IILIZAROV can be assembled in more than 600 different ways. With the advent of the ILIZAROV System, that number is even higher. Today, in addition to the original ILIZAROV, the ILIZAROV System includes:
- The Acute Trauma ILIZAROV II. It provides the same stability and versatility of the original with increased ease of application in the acute trauma setting.
- The ILIZAROV Small Bone Fixation System, which can be used for small, pediatric and upper extremity applications
ILIZAROV Small Bone Fixation System
The ILIZAROV Small Bone Fixation System can be used for small, pediatric and upper extremity applications. With its smaller half rings, wires and lightweight design, the system permits stable fixation of very small bones, bone fragments and osteoporotic bones. Simultaneous corrections of multiplane deformities are also achieved with the same precision as the original Ilizarov system. The ILIZAROV Small Bone Fixation System also features:
- A wide variety of indications treatable with one system
- Unique hole patterns that deliver the extra convenience of additional holes (with respect to normal Ilizarov half rings) without reducing stability
- Half ring sizes from 40 mm to 120 mm
- Small 1.0, 1.2 and 1.5 mm smooth and olive wires, which allow for stable placement in very small bones, fragments and osteoporotic bones
Caution: US Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician.