Flexible tips and different tip configurations facilitate hip joint access
Smith & Nephew DYONICS◊ EFLEX◊ Radiofrequency Probes can deflect up to 100°, enabling access into areas of the hip joint that are difficult to reach with conventional rigid probes.
Tip deflection is actuated by an easy-to-pull trigger system, with an ergonomically designed handle and palm grip. This system also simplifies procedure preparation with an integrated power cable, eliminating the need to purchase and re-sterilize separate cables.
Developed in cooperation with Marc J Philippon, MD
- Totally insulated shaft reduces RF effect on surrounding tissue
- Low-profile 3.5 mm diameter shaft fits a 5.5 mm cannula
- Comfortable handle with finger indents and shaped palm rest provide a sure grip; trigger actuator pulls easily for tip flexion Integrated cable attaches directly to generator
- Robust mechanical design ensures reliable performance
- Extra long 240 mm shaft improves joint access Up to 100° tip flexion allows greater access, with three different tip configurations
*Source: Schenker, ML & Phillipon MJ. The Role of Flexible Radiofrequency Energy Probes in Hip Arthroscopy Techniques in Orthopaedics 2005 20 (1):37-44. Information in this chart is intended as a suggestion only. Surgeons should use their medical judgement when selecting a DYONICS EFLEX probe for a patient's procedure.