Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing
REPLICARE is a hydrocolloid dressing that contains a dense concentration of absorbent material in a thin dressing for superior absorption in the management of exuding wounds
- REPLICARE's cohesive properties keep the wound free of dressing residue.
- The one-handed application system will not stick to gloves.
- REPLICARE has a film exterior that is waterproof and aids in prevention of bacterial contamination
- Top film can be wiped clean easily.
- Dressing hugs curves better and stretches comfortably, with a combination of adhesion and elasticity for maximum wear time, reduced nursing time and more cost effective use of materials.
- Bevelled edges help keep the dressing from sticking to clothing or bed linens, reducing the risk of leakage.
REPLICARE is indicated for
- Exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
REPLICARE is not indicated for the management of 3rd degree (full thickness) burns.
Ordering Codes / Reimbursement Information
Usual Allowable Amount: Up to 3 per week (covers and fillers).
Specific Coverage Criteria: Covered when used on wounds with light to moderate exudate.
||1 1/2" x 2 1/2"
||4" x 4"
||6" x 6"
||8" x 8"
Instructions for Use
Cleanse the wound with saline solution or an appropriate wound cleanser. Cleanse and dry the periwound skin. If the periwound skin is particularly friable, it may be protected from trauma by applying SKIN-PREP◊.
Choose a dressing large enough to cover the wound with 1” of overlap on all sides of the wound. Remove the printed backing paper exposing the adhesive surface.
Center the dressing over the wound and press the edges firmly to the surrounding skin. Remove the small plastic application tab from the underside of the dressing and press all the sides firmly to the skin.