Protecting skin integrity through balanced hydration
The AHRQ Clinical Practice Guideline on Pressure Ulcer Prevention indicates there is an increased association between dry, flaky or scaling skin and an increased incidence of pressure ulcers.1 Maintaining proper skin hydration can help reduce the risks to skin integrity like skin tears and skin breakdown.
UNICARE Moisturizing Lotion
Features & Benefits
- Moisturizes dry skin, absorbs quickly
- Non-irritating, non-sensitizing, non-allergenic
- pH balanced to help maintain proper skin function
- Aloe and Allantoin naturally soothe and condition
- May be used on patients undergoing radiation therapy
Conditions, soothes, and moisturizes dry skin
For external use only. Discontinue use if itching, burning or redness appears.
Ordering Codes / Reimbursement Information
Specific coverage policy: Supplies used in the management of incontinence, including creams, salves, lotions, barriers (liquid, spray, wipes, powder, paste) or other skin care products are non-covered by the DMERC.
||2 fl. oz. Bottle
||8 fl. oz. Bottle
*Pending DME PDAC review. The information provided with this notice is general reimbursement information only. It is not legal advice, nor is it advice about how to code, complete or submit any particular claim for payment. Although we supply this information to the best of our current knowledge, it is always the provider's responsibility to determine and submit appropriate codes, charges, modifiers, and bills for services rendered. The coding and reimbursement information is subject to change without notice. Payors or their local branches may have their own coding and reimbursement requirements and policies. Before filing any claims, providers should verify current requirements and policies with the payor.
1. Clinical Practice Guideline on Pressure Ulcers in Adults: Prediction and Prevention, Number Publication No. 92-0047.Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. May 1992.