Conformable Hydrogel Dressing
SOLOSITE Gel Conformable is designed to keep the gel in intimate contact with the wound bed. It is ideal for packing into and around the sides of the wound. While wound gels alone tend to pool at the base of deeper wounds, leaving portions of the wound bed uncovered, SOLOSITE Gel Conformable maintains close contact of the wound surface and the gel.
- Keeps gel in intimate contact with wound surface
- Absorbs excess exudate
- Creates a moist wound healing environment which may promote desloughing
- Meets USP requirements for cytotoxicity
SOLOSITE Gel Conformable is designed to keep the gel in intimate contact with the wound bed. It is ideal for packing into and around the sides of the wound. While wound gels alone tend to pool at the base of deeper wounds, leaving portions of the wound bed uncovered. SOLOSITE Gel Conformable maintains close contact of the wound surface and the gel.
- SOLOSITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the treatment of minor conditions such as minor burns, superficial lacerations, cuts and abrasions (partial thickness wounds) and skin tears.
- Under the direction of a healthcare professional, SOLOSITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the management of:
Venous ulcers (leg ulcers)
Diabetic foot ulcers
Pressure ulcers (including stage IV)
- Creates a moist wound environment, which assists in autolytic debridement of wounds covered with necrotic tissues.
SOLOSITE Gel Conformable is not indicated for the management of full thickness burns.
Ordering Codes / Reimbursement Information
Usual Allowable Amount: Up to 1 per day (covers without adhesive border); up to 3 per week (covers with adhesive border).
Specific Coverage Criteria: Covered when used on full-thickness wounds with minimal or no exudate; not covered if used in combination with hydrogel wound fillers, covers or impregnated gauze.
||2" x 2"
||2" x 2"
||4" x 4"
||4" x 4"
Instructions for use
Gently cleanse the wound area thoroughly of necrotic (damaged) tissue or dressing residue with sterile saline or other appropriate wound cleanser.
Remove pouch from outer packaging.
Tear open pouch using notched opening.
Remove dressing from pouch and carefully unfold dressing.
Carefully place dressing in the wound so that the whole of the wound bed is covered. Do not overlay the dressing on the healthy skin surrounding the wound as this could lead to maceration (over-hydration) of the healthy skin.
Secure the dressing in place by placing a secondary dressing of the following type over the total wound area:
- A transparent film such as OPSITE◊ or OPSITE◊ FLEXIGRID◊, especially where the wound is necrotic (full of damaged tissue) or sloughy (full of wound fluid)
- A non-woven, non-sensitizing (non-allergic) dressing such as COVRSITE◊ or retention tape such as HYPAFIX◊ where there is little wound drainage
- Gauze held in place with a conforming bandage, a net bandage or a cohesive bandage such as Coban®, where there are skin tears and an adhesive secondary dressing is inappropriate.
If you are unsure of which secondary dressing to use, consult a healthcare professional. Do not use if pouch is open or punctured. Storage Conditions: Store at or below 25ºC (77ºF).