FLEXIGEL STRANDS Absorbent Wound Dressing is a sterile, single use bundle of absorbent matrix for use in moist wound dressing applications. The synthetic matrix absorbs excess exudate fluid, swells to conform to the wound contours, and entraps slough and necrotic debris within its strands to assist in debridement. The strands of the matrix are bound together by a matrix bridge to minimize disruption of the matrix material during use. FLEXIGEL STRANDS is flexible, pliable, and non-adherent to aid in comfort.
- Highly absorbent
- Contains 20% Glycerin
- Remains moist to ensure a moist wound environment
- Gently conforms to wound surface
- Maintains Integrity
- Gently conforms to wound space
- Effectively manages copious amount of exudate.
- May be used on infected wounds, as long as the infection is being treated with appropriate antibiotic therapy.
- Does not dry out or stick to wound.
- Does not dry wound out.
- Easy to apply and determine appropriate dosage.
- Does not break down into nor leave any dressing debris in wound.
- Eliminates the need to cleanse wound during dressing changes.
- Easily removed in one piece.
- Easy to apply, maintains uniform moist contact with wound surface upon interaction with exudate.
- Indicated as an external wound dressing for the management of exudate from chronic wounds such as:
Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Conforms to the wound bed to support tissues and provide for patient comfort during wound management.
- Creates a moist wound environment which assists in autolytic debridement.
During the body's normal healing process, unnecessary material is removed from the wound, which will make the wound appear larger after the first few dressing changes. If the wound continues to get larger after the first few dressing changes, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional. Should any signs of irritation (reddening, inflammation), maceration (over-hydration of skin), hypergraulation (excess tissue), or sensitivity (allergic reactions) appear, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
FLEXIGEL STRANDS is a single use product. It should not be re-used. Ensure that
- FLEXIGEL STRANDS is removed during dressing change and at the conclusion of treatment.
- FLEXIGEL STRANDS is non-adherent and therefore must be secured in the wound with a secondary cover.
- FLEXIGEL STRANDS is sterile and should be handled with appropriate care during application.
- FLEXIGEL STRANDS is not indicated for management of third degree burns.
Ordering Codes / Reimbursement Information
Usual Allowable Amount: Subject to each DMERC policy; limit one dressing change per day Specific
Coverage Criteria: Product documentation must include: Manufacturer's Name, Brand Name, Product Number, Product Size. Wound documentation must be included: Size of the wound in cm's, including depth, drainage levels using words like "heavy exudate" or "copious drainage." If amount of exudate can be documented in cc's, it would be helpful; Wound Filler, dry form, per gram. Not a miscellaneous code.