Absorbent Hydrogel Wound Dressing
FLEXIGEL Hydrogel Sheet Dressing.
- Made with a polyacrylaride matrix with embedded hydrophilic polysaccharide particles
- Moisture vapor permeable
- Absorbs up to 5 times its own weight
- Soothing effect on superficial wounds
- Transparent for easy monitoring
- Can use either side of dressing
- Easy application
- Indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
FLEXIGEL is not indicated for the management of third degree burns.
Ordering Codes / Reimbursement Information
Usual Allowable Amount: Up to 1 per day (covers without adhesive border); up to 3 per week (covers with adhesive border).
Specific Coverage Criteria: Covered when used on full-thickness wounds with minimal or no exudate; not covered if used in combination with hydrogel wound fillers, covers or impregnated gauze.
||2" x 2"
||4" x 4"
Instructions for Use
Apply a skin preparation to the periwound skin
Apply FLEXIGEL Sheet dressing (cut to fit wound, if necessary)
Requires secondary dressing. May use roll gauze or OPSITE◊ film.
Note: A film dressing will decrease evaporation, holding more moisture over the wound bed. A gauze dressing allows for evaporation over wounds that are very moist.
Change q 3-5 days based on drainage. FLEXIGEL Sheets may be used under compression wraps or stockings.