Waterproof Composite Dressing
COVRSITE Plus Composite Dressing is a waterproof version of COVRSITE Cover Dressing which is indicated as a primary or secondary dressing in the management of acute or chronic wounds.
- Can also be used as an alternative to tape and gauze over central line dressings.
- The gentle adhesive is designed so that the dressing can be changed daily.
- COVRSITE Plus replaces traditional tape and gauze with a single step dressing.
- It is waterproof, extensible, and conformable.
- The waterproof film layer covering the dressing helps protect the wound from contamination by urine and feces.
COVERSITE Plus Composite Dressing is indicated for the management of acute or chronic wounds.
Ordering Codes / Reimbursement Information
Usual Allowable Amount: Up to 3 per week, one cover per dressing change. Specific
Coverage Criteria: Composite dressings are products combining physically distinct components into a single dressing that provides multiple functions. These functions must include, but are not limited to:
- a bacterial barrier,
- an absorptive layer other than an alginate, foam, hydrocolloid, or hydrogel, and
- either a semi-adherent or non-adherent property over the wound site. May be denied if used with a hydrogel because DMERC considers it an absorptive dressing (see coverage rules).
||4 x 4
||6 x 6
Instructions for Use
Choose a dressing with a pad size slightly larger than the area of the wound.
Remove the first tab from the underside of the dressing.
Adhere the exposed adhesive side on one side of the wound.
Remove the second tab and adhere the rest of the dressing over the wound.