The future of post-operative care is clear
OPSITE Post-Op Visible's unique and innovative design allows constant monitoring of the wound without the need to disrupt the healing process through unnecessary dressing changes.
Vital protection against serious consequences
Provides an impermeable barrier against bacteria, including MRSA 1
'Patients stated OPSITE Post-Op Visible was very comfortable and gave them confidence that they were protected from MRSA.' 3
Effective incision site management
OPSITE Post-Op Visible helps provide an optimal balance between excess wound exudate and the amount of fluid required for moist wound healing.
Unique design allows continual monitoring of the incision site without the need to disrupt the healing process.
“the reduced number of dressing changes led to reduced overall costs and increased patient and clinician satisfaction” 2
Help prevent blistering
In patients undergoing total hip and knee replacement surgery OPSITE Post-Op Visible has been shown to reduce the rate of skin blistering from 14% to 8%. 4
“its elasticity allowed for post-operative oedema and did not restrict limb movement” 4
Available in a range of sizes >
How to apply and when to change >
1. Smith & Nephew data on file report 0505004
2. O'Brien G et. al (2009). A prospective evaluation to assess performance of a new post-operative dressing, Poster presentation Infection Prevention Society Conference, Harrogate, UK
3. O'Brien G (2009). OPSITE Post-Op Visible a clinical evaluation. Supplement to World of Irish Nursing and Midwifery; 17:4
4. Byrne-Murphy S. (2009). A prospective evaluation of a new dressing OPSITE Post-Op Visible on post op blistering following total hip and knee replacement, poster presented at Wounds UK, Harrogate, UK
5. Keene (2007). Low Allergy Statement