How to Use ALLEVYN Gentle Border Lite
1. Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
2. Select appropriate dressing size. ALLEVYN Gentle Border Lite can be cut to dress wounds on the heel, elbows and other awkward areas. Always use a clean technique when cutting the dressing.
3. Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
4. Remove one of the protector films from ALLEVYN Gentle Border Lite and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin.
5. Remove the remaining protector film and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching, ensuring there are no creases. The pad area of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound. ALLEVYN Gentle Border Lite can be lifted and repositioned without losing its adherent properties
6. If the dressing has been cut ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
Frequency of Change
During the early stages of wound management ALLEVYN Gentle Border Lite should be inspected according to local clinical protocol. Where the product is used on infected wounds the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol.
Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin or until exudate is visible and approaches to within 0.5cm of the edge of the dressing pad, whichever is sooner. Local clinical protocols should also be taken into consideration.
If dressings are applied to the sacral area, they may be left in place for up to 5 days, however, due to the increased potential for contamination and infection in this area, increased monitoring of dressing adherence may be required as per local clinical protocols. The decision of when to change should be dependent upon clinical assessment and local protocols should also be taken into consideration.
Do not use ALLEVYN Gentle Border Lite with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (e.g. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing. If reddening or sensitisation occur discontinue use.
To remove ALLEVYN Gentle Border Lite, lift one corner of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound.