1) Fisher, A D, (1995), Statistics Report CT 92/19 ‘A User Evaluation of CARBONET in the Management of Odour from Venous Leg Ulcers treated with the Four Layer Bandage System’.
2) Lawrence, J C; Lilly, H A and Kidson, A (1992). Malodour and Dressings containing active charcoal. 2nd European Conference on Advances in Wound Management UK (Harrogate).
3) Finished Product Specification (1002288) specifies water retention capacity of 15g/100cm2 minimum.
4) Houldridge, D (1994). Memo communication on Activated Charcoal on Gram -ve and + ve Bacteria, to Alison Kennedy.
5) Fisher, A D, (1996), Statisitcs Report CT 92/18, ‘CARBONET compared with LYOFOAM C in the Management of Malodorous Wounds’.
6) Thomas, S et al (1998). Odour-absorbing dressings. Journal of Wound Care, May, Vol 7, No5, Pages 246-250.
7) Inferred by no damage to wound on removal and no wounds deteriorated when used in CT 92/19.