This Visiting Surgeon Programme is designed to provide visiting surgeons with the opportunity to learn from an expert surgeon in a hospital environment. Visiting surgeons will observe live surgeries, and have the chance to discuss surgical procedures, techniques and devices.
VSP Host Surgeon
Dr Nando Ferreira
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and Stellenbosch University
Cape Town, South Africa
Surgical approach: TSF safe zones and deformity corrections
Product applications: TAYLOR SPATIAL FRAME™ (TSF), JET-X™
Operating days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
After participating in this program, participants will be able to:
• Select appropriate patients for the procedure and formulate a pre-operative plan
• Brief the surgical team and position the patient appropriately
• Select and use instrumentation safely and correctly
• Correct approach and surgical technique
• Outline post-operative management care
Visiting surgeons should have good experience of knee surgery, and good comprehension of English language.