This educational activity focuses on Revision Knee Arthropasty with LEGION™ Revision system. “Meet the Expert“ Extended experience will enable greater HCP interaction with the faculty, providing a more comprehensive and immersive learning experience. HCPs will be able to learn about the philosophy and the design and features of LEGION™ Revision system. They will also be given the opportunity to practice with the instrumentation during anatomic workshop sessions as well as to understand how to apply these surgical principles, gestures and procedures to their own practice, in a safe and effective manner.
The first session consists of lectures related to the core principles of Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA) surgical technique, especially regarding the joint line restoration. Challenges and solutions will be developed. The implant and revision system philosophy will be presentend. During the second session, the participants will have the opportunity to train in the anatomy lab under the supervision of very skilled and experienced faculty instructors. Finally, the last session of this course will consist of case discussions and live surgeries in the OR, applying the concepts and techniques previously seen, for a completely immersive experience in Revision Knee Arthroplasty with LEGION™ Revision system.
By attending this programme, participants will learn how to:
• Select appropriate patients for the procedure and formulate a pre-operative plan
• Prepare the surgical team and position the patient appropriately
• Select and use instrumentation safely and correctly
• Increase knowledge of Revision TKA challenges
• Gain confidence with problems solving methodologies
• Gain in-depth understanding of the LEGION™ Revision system
• HCPs experienced in Revision Knee arthroplatsy, in practice for at least 5 years, undertaking a certain number of Revision TKA a year
• HCPs wishing to gain a full understanding of the surgical utilization of LEGION™ Revision system
• HCPs willing to exchange on best practices and surgcial tips with skilled and experienced peers
• The course will be held in English, requiring a good level of competency in this language
Faculty: Sint Maartenskliniek surgical team
Contact your local Smith & Nephew representative or login to register your interest in attending.