This masterclass is a highly focused Healthcare Professional (HCP) programme covering all aspects of revision hip surgery. An international faculty will present the medical and surgical management of revision hip surgery and will lead didactic and breakout sessions.
This course is designed to demonstrate techniques for both acetabular and femoral revision arthroplasty. The participants can benefit from a unique learning experience through interactive case discussions and key presentation topics from the international faculty.
• Assess the most important issues in the treatment of failed hip total arthroplasty
• Diagnose and classify different acetabular pathologies and apply the appropriate treatment options
• Analyze femoral disorders after hip revision arthroplasty and describe strategies to resolve them
• Understand and define different methods in dealing with infections
• Discuss the latest scientific data that supports different techniques in the field of revision THA
• Gain awareness of the additional associated considerations for revision surgery such as preoperative planning and patient selection
• Identify typical challenges faced in hip revision surgery such as periprosthetic fractures, instability, bone loss, muscular insufficiency and discuss appropriate solutions
• Experienced HCP who want to have more in-depth knowledge and share their expertise on THA Revision surgeries
• HCP who have started hip revision cases (min 10-20) and want to learn more about the medical challenges and possible solutions in revision surgeries
• HCP must have either advanced or fluent level English language skills
Chairman: Professor Carsten Perka (DE)
Contact your local Smith & Nephew representative or login to register your interest in attending