“Meet the Expert“ Extended Experience course will enable greater HCP interaction with the faculty, providing a more comprehensive learning experience on the day. The NAVIO™ system utilises an image-free approach to computer navigation. This allows a high degree of clinical intra-operative flexibility. It also allows the surgeon user to recreate the patient’s bony and soft-tissue anatomy into a 3-dimensional model ideal for planning and manipulation. A key aspect to understanding and communicating the NAVIO™ process is learning how the NAVIO™ system utilises the patient’s anatomy registration to; plan, place and balance implant components and execute bone removal with robotic-assisted control. HCPs will be able to learn about the philosophy and specifics around NAVIO™ robotics and navigated system, to practice with the instrumentation during the dry laboratory sessions and simulator, and to understand how to apply these surgical principles, gestures and procedures in their own practice safely and effectively. The first session consists of lectures related to specific use and surgical technique and philosophy. Then, the participants will use the system in dry-lab and simulations. Finally, they will attend a live surgery in VSP conditions.
By attending this programme, participants will learn how to:
• Gain an in-depth understanding of the core principles of an image-free robotic system, as well as set-up and positioning of the NAVIO™ system, parts and accessories
• Utilise the NAVIO™ system for patient’s anatomy registration to; plan, place and balance implant components and execute bone removal with robotic-assisted control.
• Identify and figure out typical challenges and surgery workflow in real life operating room environment
• Qualified HCP must have a general strong interest and awareness in enabling technologies and robotics assisted knee surgery, in view to adopt this technique
• HCP must currently have at least limited experience in uni-compartmental knee replacement surgery
• HCP with an interest to gain tips, tricks and surgical skills on technologies and robotics means to perform, for an immediate application
• HCP must have either advanced or fluent level English language skills
Faculty: Mr Alberto Gregori (UK)
Contact your local Smith & Nephew representative or login to register your interest in attending.