This course has been designed for experienced Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) already undertaking primary Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA) who wish to train themselves to Direct Anterior Approach (DAA). An international expert faculty will conduct participants through this intensive training with lectures, debates and hands-on cadaveric workshops.
• Fully understand the benefits and technique for minimally invasive THA through DAA
• Gain (preliminary) surgical skills for performing THA through DAA
• Determine the necessary steps for patient positioning and draping associated with the procedure
• Acquire or improve upon existing knowledge of POLARSTEM™/R3™ surgical techniques
• Critically discuss cases with faculty
• Learn from ‘tips and tricks’ shared by peers and faculty
• HCP with significant experience in primary THA (40 surgeries per year), looking to build the confidence to develop a new approach within their practice
• HCP will particularly benefit of this course if they are looking to adopt the DAA in their local clinical practice
• HCP must have either advanced or fluent level English language skills
Chairman: Dr Michael Leunig (CH)
Contact your local Smith & Nephew representative or login to register your interest in attending.