Proximal femoral fractures have become a common injury with the rapid increase in the number of elderlypeople. The industry offered different modalities of fixation as primary surgical treatment with variable results.Smith & Nephew introduced several devices to serve in this category.
InterTAN nail introduced to treat trochanteric fractures and has had a good clinical outcome and a low numberof complications. This device is offered to overcome the limitations of other solutions in the field; the unique naildesign clinically improves the recovery rate from intertrochanteric fractures, especially unstable intertrochantericfractures.
This experts forum is designed to have evidence based discussions of the latest updates on management ofproximal femoral fractures along with clinical debates & latest literature reviews of carefully selected eminentinternational speakers, delegates will have the chance to attend product demo with the experts to experienceclinical tips & tricks of using instrumentation of selected solutions.
Dr Andreas Ruecker, (DE)
Chief Physician for Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery,
Imland Klinik Rendsburg,
Dr Nando Ferreira, (ZA)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon,
Head of Unit: Limb Reconstruction,
Cape Town, South Africa
Prof Kevin Tetsworth, (AU)
CONROD Professor of Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery,
Royal Brisbane Hospital,
By attending this forum, participants will be able to:
• Review latest updates from the literature regarding proximal femoral fractures
• Discuss factors influencing faster fracture healing (biomechanics & implant selection)
• Discuss the risk of implant failure and re-operation need, ways to avoid & best solutions
• Evidence based discussion of clinical cases of unstable proximal femoral fractures
• Technology advancements in management of proximal femoral fractures
• Outcome of patients treated with InterTAN nail in comparison to other available solutions
• Realize the risk of infection, ways of prevention and management.
• Get the chance of having hands-on experience of selected S&N solutions related to management of Proximal Femoral Fractures
• Senior Orthopedic Surgeons
• Has minimum 5 years of experience (post residency program) in orthopedic trauma management.
• Minimum 20 cases of Proximal Femoral Fractures IM nailing annually.
• Proficiency in the English language